IT & Data Center Services & Solutions
In the area of IT and data center services CONET covers the complete scope from the virtualization and hosting of data center infrastructures via storage solutions and cloud computing until backup and disaster recovery.
Apart from functioning networks, data center architectures and their connected systems form the IT infrastructures’ central backbone. The ever growing data masses demand a higher availability, failsafe performance and a versatility of systems and processes as well as a preferably automated IT & data center administration.
CONET offers a broad service portfolio in the field of IT & data center management and supports you with efficient solutions, beginning with the automated control and administration of IT resources, the maintenance of heterogeneous IT environments, the development of intelligent storage solutions until the data center regeneration of data processing centres as well as a comprehensive client, service and system management based on ITIL®.
Our IT & data center solutions:
- Provision and operation of data center services like server, storage and backup
- Server and data center virtualization (VMware, Microsoft)
- Storage solutions (NetApp, PureStorage)
- Backup and disaster recovery (Veeam, SEP)
- Data Center Managed Services & IT Outsourcing
- Cloud solutions / cloud computing
- System & endpoint management (Microsoft SCCM / Intune / Novell ZCM / Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop/XenMobile)
- Monitoring (SCOM / Incinga)
- IT service management (SCSM)
- Consulting and implementation of anti-virus software (McAfee)
- Development, consolidation and migration of directory services (Microsoft Active Directory and Novell OES)
- Installation, consolidation and migration of operating systems as well as file & print services (Microsoft Active Directory, Novell OES, Suse Linux)
New system versions or structures, extended requirements and increasing cost pressure require a regular regeneration of the IT environment. Even an upgrade to a new version of the same software can be a huge challenge, if extensive customer developments shall be migrated into the new requirements.
If a complete migration due to ending support or economic considerations, e. g. from Open Source to proprietary systems or vice versa, is necessary, the internal IT departments soon reach their limits.
In case of greater interventions into the overall infrastructure, migrations need to be prepared in detail and implemented with as little effects to the user work as possible.
In the case of such critical interventions, CONET experts support their customers manufacturer-independently (SAP, Microsoft, Novell, Lotus Notes) where they lack their own know-how or experiences by focusing on the following points:
- Software (operating systems, applications)
- Data (transmission to other systems and applications, transformation)
- Hardware (server, storage)
CONET’s first step to a successful migration is to analyze the actual state and the target scenarios, to evaluate and to calculate possible migratory paths and on this base to design and develop the new target infrastructure. Additionally, you will benefit from our comprehensive know-how in architectural consulting (EAM) and process optimizing (BPM).
Novell Migration (Today Micro Focus) to Microsoft
More and more enterprises, which until now used Novell technologies, like the directory service, file and print services and e-mail, as the set IT infrastructure, decide to switch to the established Microsoft solutions.
The reasons for this are manifold:
- The Novell know-how currently available at the market steadily decreases.
- Compatibility to third party solutions (like e. g. CITRIX) is often error-prone or no longer available, because the third party providers focus on the market leader Microsoft.
- Desire for standardizing the systems in the data center and desire for simplification on part of the users
The market leader Microsoft promises a reliable solution with a high availability and compatibility, comprehensive features, simplified administration, reduced complexity, a high degree of standardizing as well as reliability and investment safety.
You are looking for a suitable IT partner? Contact us and benefit from our extensive project experience in the private and public sector as well as with complex infrastructures. Our CONET experts have a profound know-how about both worlds: CONET is a long-standing platinum partner of Micro Focus as well as Microsoft partner.