Architecture, Modules & Technology of the CONET UC Radio Suite
The GUI - CONET UCRS Dispatcher
With CONET UCRS, the customers’ command and control center becomes the process-driven communication centre with suitable user interfaces for various purposes from command & control workplace and crisis conference workplace to dispatching and conference control with mobile endpoints.
The UCRS Dispatcher solution offers the possibility to customize customer specific and individual dispatcher agent GUIs which support the customers’ individual communication processes in a unique way. The GUI is based on web technology and uses a special Mobile Dispatcher for an easy and secure use on any device with a web browser (touch panel, mobile devices like tablets, etc.). This enables a unique user expedience and a fast integration into third-party systems like the Computer-Aided Dispatch (CAD) by Intergraph , the MICA integration platform by telent or the Cobra control system by ISE.
The Core - CONET Unified Communications Radio Suite (UCRS) & CONET UCRS Unified API
In the backend, the UCRS Administrator GUI enables the administration of all functionality and UCRS building blocks. The UCRS Administrator GUI works as a web-based application and works independently of the dispatcher console. The main goal of the central administrator console is to make administration as easy as possible. The administrator does not have to search for needed functions on diverse sites. Instead, via “unified administration”, all functions which normally need to be configured in other applications (TETRA dispatching / administrator console etc.) need only be configured in the UCRS Administrator GUI.
The CONET UCRS Unified API enables the customer and/or local partner as well as vendors of dispatching solutions to easily customize complete customer and solution specific web-based GUIs. The Application Programming Interface (API) integrates the complete communication workflows on a server-to-server basis between the CONET UCRS and the 3rd party backend system. (More information on CONET UCRS Unified API.)
CONET UC Radio Suite uses Cisco servers as the basic infrastructure, e.g. the new UCS series, and Cisco ISR Router. (Additional information on CONET’s Cisco expertise may also be found on our partner site.)
The Integration - UCRS Connectors & Gateways
The connection to external information sources, communication systems and endpoint devices based on any kinds of communication standards is handled via powerful gateways and connectors. The basis for these are - when available - proven custom-off-the-shelf (COTS) solutions, supplemented by advanced individual solutions engineered by CONET.
- CONET UCSR TetraLTE-Gateway: Module for integration of all communication channels and direct access to public TETRA networks like TETRA BOS (Germany), Airwave (UK), Astrid (Belgium), TETRON (Austria), private TETRA networks as well as public and rivate LTE networks; integration with solutions by Airbus Defense and Space (formerly Cassidian), Motorola, Rohill and Damm (upon request). More information on the CONET TetraLTE Gateway Module
- CONET Emergency Call Voice Gateway (ECVG) - Module for connecting emergency control rooms to emergency call telephone lines like 112, 999 or others, fulfilling demands of several local and international standards for emergency call handling (for example German "TR-Notruf" by ”Bundesnetzagentur”) and supporting ISDN (BRI/PRI) as well as VoIP-based emergency calls as defined by the National Emergency Number Association (NENA)
- CONET Mobile Command Flightcase - With its Mobile Command Flightcase, CONET offers a mobile communication platform which uses modern communication standards to achieve direct connectivity between the digital hand radio terminals of response forces involved in public safety, large-scale events, emergencies and plant security with public digital radio as well as public and private mobile radio and data networks in order to heighten situational awareness and operational readiness. More information on the CONET Mobile Command Flightcase
- Geo Information Systems: Integration of all major GIS providers like Intergraph, ESRI, GEO-Secure, GoogleMaps, OpenstreetMaps as well as integration of customer-specific maps with real-time endpoint localization and indication of presence status on the map
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager and Cisco IPICS: Integration into the dispatching and conferencing system by Cisco (Cisco IP Interoperability and Communications System - IPICS) as well as Cisco Unified Communications Manager, therefore combining all the strenghts and advantages of the different systems into an even more powerful customized solution - for additional information please vitsit our Cisco Technology pages
- Conferencing: Integration, monitoring and controlling of audio and video conferences without limitations in regard to the number of participants or the devices used, because all incoming communication channels are transformed and dispatched as IP calls
- PSTN, analogue radio and PTT: Supplementary and advanced solutions for a direct connection of radio devices to VoIP networks including the provision of push-to-talk (PTT) functionality at desktop phones as well as general connectivity of analogue radio to the IP network via the via the CONET Periphery Adapter
- IPBX 3rd Party Connectivity: Integration of Internet-based Private Branch Exchange Telephone Systems (IPBX/NetPBX), e.g. by manufactures like Avaya, Cisco, Siemens and others
- Video Surveillance: Integration of video surveillance for control and monitoring directly via the UCRS interface; direct aggregation and correlation of emergency calls with GIS data and video feeds
- Intercom: Connection to facility management and access control systems and additional integration of voice and alarm systems into the communication interface of the UCRS
- Public Sounding: Connection and control of public sounding infrastructures, both with pre-recorded standard messages in regular operation (railway stations / airports) as well as with alarm signalling and live announcements
- GSM / SecureGSM: Connectivity of all relevant mobile radio standards and PTT functionality for all kinds of end-user devices including use of state-of-the-art encryption technology
- Social Media: Integration of Facebook and Twitter newsfeeds on the UCRS interface for supplementing a comprehensive provision of all available information and monitoring of posts, feeds and discussions in crisis scenarioes
From a technical perspective the CONET UC Radio Suite terminates all incoming calls from any end device (VoIP, PSTN, analogue radio, GSM cell phones, digital radio – PMR / TETRA/ Tetrapol) and changes them in-to an IP-based call at the earliest possible point. All incoming calls of every end device will be handled as normal voice call on the dispatcher agent desktop. Therefore, even mixed conferences by participants using PSTN, GSM and all kinds of radio communications are possible without delay and any technical know-how being necessary on the dispatcher side.
Get in Touch!