- The advantages of a strategic orientation of enterprise mobility: The goals of the introduction of mobility are transparent and measurable and it is easier to obtain the management’s support for this.
- Instead of mobility as an end in itself, certain business processes can be purposefully mobilized if the need arises.
- „Consumerization“ (i. e. the adaption to familiar/usual user behaviour in the private environment) increases usability and user acceptance. This factor is usually underestimated, but quite essential for mobility.
- Respective security concepts invalidate reservations regarding data protection and data security.
It might sounds like a platitude but the strategic orientation of enterprise mobility is frequently underestimated.
Mostly, one single specialist department spearheads the “mobilization“ in a simple way and usually with a concrete aim. A concentration on initially manageable application scenarios is sensible to obtain quick and tangible results. Often, these prototypes pave the way for more comprehensive mobility approaches.
According to the traditional principle of „think big – start small“ there is a need for a strategic involvement already within the first installations and solutions approaches.
Otherwise, evolving isolated solutions will develop an uncontrollable independent existence. This leads to a justified refusal on part of the IT department and these isolated solutions will either be shut down or will continue to lead an unproductive shadowy existence.
Cornerstones of the Mobility Strategy:
- Vision – How can mobile solutions support the corporate objectives in 5 or 10 years, respectively? Which maturity level shall be reached?
- Analysis – Which framework conditions need to be taken into account? On which maturity level does my organization work today?
- Measures – Which steps do I need to take today and tomorrow to come nearer to my vision?
- Control – Did we achieve the interim goals?
If all solutions are being integrated into a mid-term planning from the very beginning for the start and the further development of the enterprise mobility, their potential as drivers for efficiency and innovation can take full effect!
Please take a look on our video presentations and webinars about mobile strategy or contact our mobility experts directly – we are looking forward to your questions!