Management Consulting Portfolio
Top Consulting and Project Management
Challenges in strategic and operational leadership are closely linked to the issue of appropriate processes and IT support. The boundaries between corporate management and technology are blurring. Business processes, technical requirements and technical possibilities are influencing each other and become more and more interdependent.
However, strategic decisions are still made without considering the impact on architectures and processes. Conversely, new technical tools and systems are introduced without considering their contribution to the implementation of strategic objectives or their role in the existing enterprise architecture.
The task of strategic management consulting must be to keep an eye on the big picture in times of increasing digitization. From the overarching strategic goals, and building a cross-enterprise architecture to every single business process and application.
From Strategy to Technology
Our cross-sectional competence teams for management consulting, business consulting, IT consulting and project management are addressing these challenges on a daily basis. They consist of CONET experts with different backgrounds, technical expertise and industry experience, thus advising corporations and organizations not only technically, but also from professional, processual and strategic point of view, keeping the overview instead of focussing on individual solutions:
In the past, the introduction and integration of standard and highly specialized individual software were paramount, often in combination with the optimization of business processes. Nowadays the companies perceive their IT less than a mere working tool but as a value-adding competitive factor. Therefore, they aim to establish a holistic and enterprise-wide process across internal organizational sectors. For this, it is indispensable to suitably anchor the information technology in the company strategy.
The architecture is of a central strategic importance because it determines many system properties and many important dynamic factors: Flexibility, extensibility, adaptability and scalability of the application environment depend on the architectural structure. A comprehensive, service-oriented and strategic enterprise architecture management forms the indispensable basis for an integrated, unified and reliable IT landscape.
The realization of sophisticated enterprise solutions requires effective software engineering methods which ensure precise planning and implementation. Depending on the scope, set-up and necessities of individual projects and environments, we will use generative software techniques (MDD/MDA) as well as traditional methods (V-model/RUP) but just as well agile approaches like Scrum for the design and development of our solutions.
Technology nearly always is a means to an end. Nowadays, it offers a real option to achieve competitive advantages for the IT landscape. The use of innovative technology will open up chances to accelerate dynamic business processes and to develop completely new business models. CONET verifies new standards and technologies with its expert teams at an early stage, thus collecting profound and valuable knowledge about frameworks, portals, BPM tools, JEE application developments and other proprietary and open source-based modeling and development tools.
Consulting by CONET is vendor-independent, solution-driven and flexible according to your demands and requirements. Being experts for all leading business models, methods and architectures like BPMN, ITIL®, TOGAF or NAF, CONET’s consulting experts guarantee the highest possible level of efficiency, service and compliance with all relevant quality, procedural, legal and professional standards.
Analyses, Evaluation & Design
CONET follows tried and tested methods with every basic analysis and evaluation of existing IT and process landscapes.
Building on existing, proven, off-the-shelf solutions whenever possible and taking technical requirements seriously, our experts design concepts and studies that explain in detail the core points of a future IT solution, which features you really need, and which extension options you have.
If necessary, we assist you subsequently with the evaluation of the different technologies to help you make the decision between an extension of your existing IT infrastructure or a complete restructuring and to independently select suitable hard- and software.
Our analysing and design services at a glance:
- Analysis of the existing infrastructure
- Analysis and definition of the requirements
- Conceptual design and implementation of study projects
- Vendor-independent evaluation of solutions and products
- Assistance with the selection and procurement of software and hardware
You may well trust in our long-standing experience and independent consulting whenever you consider changing your IT landscape substantially.
You will then be as safe from unwelcome surprises as possible and will get new systems which fully meet your expectations as well as your professional requirements but are neither over-sized nor unnecessarily expensive or too limited in scope or power to become ineffective.
In times of pan-European tenders, the requirements and the number of necessary documents threaten to become quite unmanageable.
Furthermore, in the case of IT projects, a high degree of additional technical expertise is also needed to achieve a technically and strategically fitting and sustainable solution for the future.
As IT consulting provider of more than 30 years, we know the challenges and pitfalls in the European law and the respective national legal regulations, based on our own experience in numerous bidding processes. As a long-standing partner of public administrative organizations, we always strive to providing our customers with the best of our hands-on experience. Take advantage of our expertise for your projects:
- Which aspects are of special importance within IT project tenders?
- How can you compile your requirements in a specification in such a way that in the end you will get the solution you really need?
- How should a conclusive evaluation of the different offers be conducted within a tender?
- Which work packages, technical components and customary conditions are hidden behind the chosen wording?
These are merely a few of the central questions for which we can help you get reliable answers. With CONET you are always well advised in external calls for tenders!
IT projects are today characterized by their increasing complexity and extensive requirements towards internal and external service providers.
Tight budget limits, restricted personnel resources and the often hardly manageable technical know-how needed for IT projects are only some of the main challenges that the project manager is facing every day.
In the daily work, these factors can complicate a solution-oriented project control by emphasizing complex planning and routine tasks instead of concentrating on the core solution objectives. External partners can efficiently support you in this aspect. For us, the project management is a central element of our daily business. Our wealth of experience is at your disposal.
CONET project management assistance includes:
- Tried and tested procedure models
- Structured proceedings based on proven state-of-the-art process descriptions
- Flexible processes and individual consulting with the focus on the requirements and necessities of every single project
- Planning and organization of personnel capacities, technical expertise and all other aspects of the „daily doings“ in the project
Our project professionals are ready to assist your project management! We will gladly discuss your requirements with you and give you a first impression of our project work. Successful IT projects are neither coincidence nor witchcraft, but like so many other things in life they are the result of combining experience, competence and dedication!
With experience and expertise, we support your IT projects at the highest quality level and lead them to success!
Our Project Manifesto
Projects are the engines of change. They demand extraordinary efforts from everyone involved. The tasks are complex and require the interplay of cross-functional knowledge. It is important from the beginning to precisely define the project goal. This is the only way to achieve efficient IT project planning and implementation, and ultimately a successful project completion.
In customer projects, we attach special importance to a structured approach based on proven process models and methods, accompanied by a sensible use of tools.
Our Quality Standards for Your IT Projects
We aspire to achieve the highest level of quality in every IT project. The quality understanding of our IT project managers and project managers reaches far beyond the much cited "in time, in budget, in quality". Our goal is to create added value through sustainable project success.
- We continuously optimize our internal processes to ensure high-quality consulting services.
- We stand for future-oriented expertise - and do not stick to the current state of affairs.
- We think entrepreneurially and always act results-oriented.
- We offer first-class solutions for sustainable corporate success.
Our DIN EN ISO 9001:2015 certified quality management system is based on the extensive experience that CONET has gathered in IT projects. It is binding for the entire CONET group of companies and is continuously monitored, improved and long-term ensured by a central quality management officer. CONET-wide, a uniform project management process, aligned with PRINCE2®, is practiced.
What is PRINCE2?®
PRINCE2 is a process that ensures that an organization successfully completes projects from idea to implementation.
This method does not increase the personal competence of individual IT project managers, but rather the organizational competence to carry out change projects successfully and profitably, thus adding value for the entire company.
PRINCE2 is a proven best practice approach that is freely available and scalable to fit a heterogeneous project landscape.
PRINCE2 guarantees that CONET uses a structured and clearly defined procedure for the realization of both development and consulting projects, adapted to the respective project requirements. This also defines activities and products in the area of quality or risk management. The CONET understanding of this method also includes the targeted training and certification of our IT project managers as well as the provision of tools such as checklists, process guides and templates via a central information portal.
IT Project Management With PRINCE2 - Our Offers
- Presentation at the customer's site
- Short introduction to PRINCE2
- Value and added value of a standard process for professional IT project management
- Development of a procedure model for implementation
- Presentation of implementation examples with process documentation
- Role descriptions, templates, tools
- Integration into multi-project and project portfolio management
Good Reasons to Rely on CONET in Your IT Project Management
- Because we have already successfully completed numerous IT projects in-house and with our customers.
- Because we have experience in introducing PRINCE2 as project management standard and are represented in the jury for the annual PRINCE2 Awards.
- Because we believe in the value and added value of our IT project management and believe that it increases organizational project management skills.
- Because as a medium-sized company, we rely on long-term customer relationships and shared sustainable success.
IT Project Portfolio Management
Just as important as the successful implementation of projects is the efficient selection, prioritization and planning of projects. Well-thought-out portfolio management helps you to keep track of what is invested in which projects and what benefits are achieved through these projects. In addition, it provides you with the necessary project transparency and enables efficient resource planning.
IT project portfolio management with CONET
We offer you:
- Comprehensive consideration of structures, processes and methods of project portfolio management taking into account the specific corporate background
- Building a project portfolio using the MoP® (Management of Portfolios) method
- Methodological support in the definition (selection and prioritization of programs and projects)
- Continuous control and monitoring of portfolios
- Organizational integration of tasks through the organizational integration of portfolio, program and project management P3O® (portfolio, program and project office)
Best Practice IT Project Portfolio Management at Hamburg Airport
The main task of the Aviation division of Hamburg Airport is to ensure smooth airport operations in close partnership with the airlines.
Due to the diversity of its tasks, the division is confronted with constant changes and is therefore permanently responsible for a comprehensive heterogeneous project portfolio. In order to improve the management of projects and to ensure a secure distribution of resources, Hamburg Airport decided to introduce a portfolio management system with PRINCE2® and MoP®, supported by CONET.
In our success story we introduce you to the special demands and challenges of establishing a portfolio management and show you which steps are necessary to ensure a holistic approach. You would like to know more? Please do not hesitate to contact us for the complete success story!