Business Process Management Solutions (BPM)
CONET regards business process management (BPM) both from a professional and a technical point of view. We regard professional BPM as a professional process consulting and process optimization, respectively, that is the optimization of processes from purely professional points-of-view. Under technical BPM, we subsume the implementation of professional processes with regard to the software and process automation and the surrounding tasks as well as the concepts and methods necessary for the implementation.
CONET services at a glance:
Consulting and project management
- Consulting during the introduction phase of BPM or service-oriented architectures (SOA) in an enterprise
- Consulting during the infrastructure implementation phase for BPM/SOA
- Consulting for SOA implementation
- Consulting regarding Enterprise Architecture integration
- Consulting for the integration of BPM/SOA in an existing environment
- Consulting services for process modelling with BPMN 2.0
- Project management for BPM/SOA projects
- Process automation on different BPM platforms with BPMN 2.0
- Integration of BPM platforms into the existing infrastructure
- Implementation of integration and ETL processes
- Implementation of services in a SOA
- Setting up the infrastructure on the basis of different application servers
Why is BPM worth the effort?
In the course of digitalization new products evolve or the distribution channels change. An alignment of the business processes with the customers’ requirements is therefore paramount. By using BPM enterprises are enabled to master the challenges of digitalization, because the following added value arises from it.
By continually and targetedly measuring, linking and evaluating the process parameters you will reach a new level of process transparency. Based on the obtained data you will be able to make better decisions for your enterprise.
With the help of BPM you are able to harmonize your business processes. So you can ensure the process orientation according to your defined strategy, thus promoting the standardization of your business processes.
By using BPM you may reduce the processing time of the business processes. This means a significant cost reduction and you can reduce the time to market.
By using BPM you can reduce the error ratio in your business processes. With the possibility to supervise each process stage individually you can identify the blurs in your processes and eliminate them.
By establishing a process-oriented mindset and customer-oriented business processes and by timely processing of customer requirements you will increase the satisfaction of your customers.