Helper Suite for IBM Connections by CONET
With the use of collaboration tools and social software enterprises want to utilize the advantages of modern IT and communication to become enterprises 2.0 in terms of a social business.
The most important user advantages are to always and everywhere provide knowledge and experience for all employees, to speed up decisions, business processes and simultaneously innovation and to link separately working teams closer with each other.
IBM Connections and CONET Helper Suite
With Connections IBM offers social software for enterprises which enables the employees to accomplish their tasks faster and to increase the innovative strength as well as the quality of the work results by a closer and more effective cooperation within the networks of colleagues, partners and customers.
With the CONET Helper Suite for IBM Connections CONET has developed a tool kit of small and smart extension solutions on the basis of its project experience and solution competence which complement the performance of IBM Connections with multiple integration scenarioes and features supporting the users' daily routines.
Leading corporations and organizations like Bosch, Rheinmetall, Sika, NOW IT, KDZ Wiesbaden or the der Federation of German Employers' Associations in the Metal and Electrical Engineering Industries (Gesamtmetall) already use and profit from the added value provided by these solutions.
The Modules of the CONET Helper Suite
- Mail Connector: E-mails in a user‘s account may easily be transferred and forwarded into other (project) communities - including the deposition of files and activities
- Event Connector: Sync of Connections events with one's own calendar (other than in the IBM standard, entries are visible for all co-workers)
Activity Connector: Sync of Connections activities with one's own tasks/to-dos in Notes and Outlook
Wiki Importer: Fast and secure import of external Wikis into Connections (including structure, images, links etc.)
- Connections Integrator: Providing any Connections contents in external portals (e.g. SAP) and intranets
- Custom Page: Integrating and displaying any web applications in the Connections environment
- Tag it: Automated tagging of contents and profiles in accordance with the contents and corporate templates
PDF Exporter: Exporting wikis and blogs in professional layout as PDF files (with optional logos, commentary, as single pages or zipped)
- Information Collector: Improved presentation and structuring of information (Where to find which information? Where to enter new contents) compared to the Connections standard search
A more detailed description of the modules and use cases can be downloaded in a presentation in PDF-format at the end of this page.
Trust CONET’s collaboration expertise: The Hennef-based IT system consultants has established a technology and inter-divisional competence team especially devoted to cooperation and social business in its various facets. In addition to the consulting and the operational support this includes the special development and advancement of suitable solutions.